Bilingual Legal Assistant Opportunity: Applications Due December 1, 2017
Towards Justice is looking for a thoughtful, organized and committed member of our dynamic legal team. We seek a detail-oriented team-player who is excited to help manage a fast-paced litigation team. Duties include managing case files, drafting legal pleadings and correspondence, direct client contact, docketing, calendar maintenance, ECF Court filing and other duties as assigned. Knowledge of MS Office, Adobe, and other basic office software is required. Experience in case management and federal court procedures is preferred but not required. The ability to fluently speak, read, write, and comprehend Spanish is essential. An ideal opportunity for a candidate interested in protecting low-wage immigrant workers from employment law abuses, this position would be fulfilling for a seasoned legal assistant, an organized self-starter, or someone looking at law school in the future.
- Drafting correspondence in English and Spanish
- Communicating with Clients and Potential Clients in English and Spanish
- Drafting basic pleadings and procedural motions for attorney review
- Communicating with the Courts in an appropriate manner
- Filing documents through the Federal Court Electronic Filing System
- Creating, updating, and maintaining case files for each Towards Justice case and client
- Assisting with document production and organization
- Assisting with document preparation for depositions and court appearances
- Maintaining the Towards Justice litigation calendar and ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Facility with Microsoft Office programs, the internet, and basic office software
- Commitment to empowering marginalized workers and expanding access to justice
- Confident oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Experience with case management in a fast-paced law office
- Experience with federal and/or state court filing systems
- Cross-cultural experience
- Experience working with vulnerable or low-income populations
This is a full-time position during regular Monday-Friday office hours.
Towards Justice offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send the following documents as a single PDF attachment to an email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (1 page)
- Resume (1-2 pages)
- Contact information for two professional references
- Salary requirements
Applications for the Bilingual Legal Assistant Position will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, and early application is encouraged. Preference will be given to applications received before Friday December 1, 2017 and early application is encouraged.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.
Towards Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Women, People of Color, Gays and Lesbians, Transgender People, Veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.